Introduction to Ruby on Rails 2

Presentation given to introduce Rails for URUG Rails Workshop 2009.

In this screencast, you can learn about Rails from an outside-in approach.

Anonymous July 26, 2009 at 3:53 am

I just wanted to say congratulations for this project and hope the best to this site as it’s a great idea you had. I am going to see both tomorrow as in here (Mendoza, Argentina) is really late at night.

ajescudero July 26, 2009 at 3:53 am

I just wanted to say congratulations for this project and hope the best to this site as it's a great idea you had. I am going to see both tomorrow as in here (Mendoza, Argentina) is really late at night.

Eric Berry July 27, 2009 at 2:39 pm

Thanks! I appreciate the good feedback. Please feel free to make suggestions on screencasts you’d like to see, and I’ll see what I can do.

Eric Berry July 27, 2009 at 2:39 pm

Thanks! I appreciate the good feedback. Please feel free to make suggestions on screencasts you'd like to see, and I'll see what I can do.

Mike Murray August 2, 2009 at 6:31 am

Thanks for recording this presentation. It is very helpful to someone who is becoming enamored with the Ruby language, but is unfamiliar with Rails at this point. The audio gets ahead of the video (at a difference of about 30 seconds) some point early in the presentation. That did make it slightly hard to follow, but still doable. Thanks again, though, I enjoyed it very much.

Mike Murray August 2, 2009 at 6:31 am

Eric Berry August 3, 2009 at 3:53 pm

mkmurray: Thanks for your input. I’ll see if I can re-encode it so the audio will be synced.

Eric Berry August 3, 2009 at 3:53 pm

mkmurray: Thanks for your input. I'll see if I can re-encode it so the audio will be synced.

Nemrah October 22, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Great video ! But sound and video isnt playing good together ?

Nemrah October 22, 2009 at 1:37 pm

Great video ! But sound and video isnt playing good together ?

Anonymous November 11, 2009 at 9:51 pm

Could you possibly edit out the technical difficulties portions?

Eric Berry November 11, 2009 at 9:59 pm

This was a presentation done at a class I taught at a local college. I just put it up b/c I had it laying around. I’ll eventually do another version of this for an online audience.

craigb123 November 11, 2009 at 9:51 pm

Could you possibly edit out the technical difficulties portions?

Eric Berry November 11, 2009 at 9:59 pm

This was a presentation done at a class I taught at a local college. I just put it up b/c I had it laying around. I'll eventually do another version of this for an online audience.