Rails CRUD Example

This is a walkthrough on how to create a simple address book using Ruby on Rails v2.1.

Mike Murray August 3, 2009 at 5:21 am

Another very helpful walkthrough. Thank you for posting! My only criticism would be the resolution in the video, which was of less quality than the last recording. The terminal was especially hard to read.

Mike Murray August 3, 2009 at 5:21 am

Eric Berry August 3, 2009 at 3:54 pm

mkmurray: I completely agree. I did this screencast late last year. Eventually I’ll redo it with audio.

Eric Berry August 3, 2009 at 3:54 pm

mkmurray: I completely agree. I did this screencast late last year. Eventually I'll redo it with audio.

Eric Berry October 20, 2009 at 4:41 am

I re-uploaded this video with proper encoding so now it should look fine (not distorted).

Eric Berry October 20, 2009 at 4:41 am

Ralph Shnelvar November 16, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Since the screen is nearly impossible to read, how about postnig the source code?

Eric Berry November 16, 2009 at 4:03 pm

This was done so long ago, I doubt I have it anymore. I’ll redo this one next. Expect this done by this weekend.

Ralph Shnelvar November 16, 2009 at 2:52 pm

Eric Berry November 16, 2009 at 4:03 pm

This was done so long ago, I doubt I have it anymore. I'll redo this one next. Expect this done by this weekend.

Anonymous November 20, 2009 at 5:33 am

I really enjoyed this screencast. The presentation was very smooth and confident, that helps me comprehend what is being presented. Actually better than geoff grosenbachs technique and I pay for his screencasts.

E.

ewf November 20, 2009 at 5:33 am

E.

Anonymous February 5, 2010 at 5:39 am

Can u help me giving the working files of this episode.. Coz iam very poor @ css so i can follow the same layout as shown in the application..

Great tutorial for the beginners like us.. so plz do me that favour

Thanks

Eric Berry February 9, 2010 at 5:22 am

I’m sorry but this screencast is actually really old.. I don’t have the source code anymore. Once I get around to it, I’ll redo this screencast and post the source code up on GitHub.

Thanks for watching!

Anonymous February 10, 2010 at 5:15 am

thanks for ur reply.. And also in the screencast u told abt adding groups and some authentication processes… But i cant find in this screencast.. Do u add it in any other screencast, if then plz let me know

milinpaul February 5, 2010 at 5:39 am

Great tutorial for the beginners like us.. so plz do me that favour

Thanks

Eric Berry February 9, 2010 at 5:22 am

I'm sorry but this screencast is actually really old.. I don't have the source code anymore. Once I get around to it, I'll redo this screencast and post the source code up on GitHub.

Thanks for watching!