Remember to leave feedback by calling 801-753-8279 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conferences are a great way to learn and meet people.
The conferences I’ve attended:
Tips for getting the most out of conferences:
- Put away your distractions.
- Sit next to and meet people you don’t know.
- Take the opportunity to meet with the “greats” in your community.
- Talk to people between sessions and find out what they’re working on.
- Find open source projects to contribute to.
- Submit a proposal to speak.
- Ask people what worked and what didn’t work for them to avoid the same problems.
- Take advantage of the conference energy to get things done.
- Collaborate or program with other developers.
- Talk to the speakers who cover a topic that interests you.
- Go to the meetups or Birds of a Feather meetings.
- Find community movements occuring outside the conference.
- Review the basics.
- Find a job or increase marketability.
Conferences in the Ruby and Rails Community
- MountainWest RubyConf
- Lone Star Ruby Conf
- Ruby Hoedown
- Windy City Rails
- Aloha on Rails